[Coco] Utilmuse 3 Manual

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Mon Dec 5 23:44:29 EST 2011

On Monday, December 05, 2011 11:37:07 PM Bill Pierce did opine:

> The manual IS on RTSI... look os9/soubndutils and look for Umdoc811.lzh
> (documentation disk) Ume3811.lzh (program disk). There is also a
> shareware version but the 8.11 version is better. I think there was a
> 9.11 version somewhere but I'd have to search it down. Keep in mind...
> Ultimuse3 requires a MIDI keyboard and either a MIDI interface cart or
> a serial to midi cable. If needed I can post the info on making the
> serial to midi cable. Without the keyboard there is no sound.

That says my version, 4.7.2-1, is indeed old.  I have no clue how much was
changed, and what might not be supported that originally was.  At one point
a long time ago I had a crystal swapped rs-232 pack that could do midi
speeds, and that could work simultainiously with the bit-banger to actually
drive two keyboards, so I had 12 voices available, 4 on the MT-240, and 8
on the Casio CZ-101.  Sadly, the CZ-101 has succumbed to leaking batteries,
but I see wifey Dee has the MT-240 out like she was going to use it at the
Senior Center sometime.

Did it ever grow the ability to record and then edit what was played on the
keyboard?

Thanks Bill.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
I'm still waiting for the advent of the computer science groupie.