[Coco] Subject: Anyone else collect other old computers/game consoles

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Sun Aug 28 09:25:21 EDT 2011

On 28/08/2011 7:15 PM, Erik Ames wrote:

> So I starting buying Atari 2600 items /
> then I thought hey I never had some of those other systems. So I bought
> an Intellivision then a Colecovision then Odyssey 2 and the obsession
> took over.

LOL! I know exactly how that goes! ;)

> Still missing a few systems like the original Odyssey / Ballycade /
> NeoGeo / PS3 (not spending $300 on a game system! - that could be a
> pinball machine)

I have a 1 slot NeoGeo with a fault - the DTACK line is never asserted. If I
tie it high, then my one and only Fatal Fury cart actually runs! :O

The only reason I have a PS3 is that it came free with my TV; it gets used
as a media client 99.99% of the time. You could quite literally count the
number of hours I've spent playing games on it on one hand. Then again, I
just bought Sega Classic Collection for it the other day!

Sigh - it never ends...

Regards,