[Coco] Subject: Anyone else collect other old computers/game consoles

Erik Ames eternyl_bliss at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 28 05:15:07 EDT 2011

Greetings-

I am an avid collecter of video game nostolgia.
I own 50+ game systems / old computers (counting anything that plays carts/cds/disks)

My biggest collections including Atari 2600 (383 games) & the original Nintendo / NES (409 games)

I started collecting before eBay was around so I was able to acquire quite a bit at the thrift stores and garage sales. Thrift stores jack their prices up so much its rare to find anything worth buying. (Flea markets are even worse just recently they had a Nintendo with maybe 20 games - nothing rare - he wanted $300 - nice! (what a tool)

I rarely buy on eBay - I think its more of a thrill to pillage garage sales to find something I don't have.

It started with seeing articles in gaming mags that had fanzines for people who collect Atari games. So I starting buying Atari 2600 items / then I thought hey I never had some of those other systems. So I bought an Intellivision then a Colecovision then Odyssey 2 and the obsession took over.

Still missing a few systems like the original Odyssey / Ballycade / NeoGeo / PS3 (not spending $300 on a game system! - that could be a pinball machine)

I also like the old school pinball scene. I own OXO / Satin Doll / Flip-A-Card / Stars (last 2 being fire hazards - need work)

You will see me at every local garage sale and nearby community sales.

My parents think I have a hoarding issue (laughs) - its all contained and alphabetized and whatever I already own I resell.

I rarely see any CoCo's items though.

And to keep this on topic - If anyone has a multipak that works with CoCo 3 and misc hardware like digitizer hardware / ears hardware etc.

Thanks for letting me ramble!
Erik