[Coco] Software testing for FDC emulator

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Mon Apr 25 11:05:01 EDT 2011

At 08:38 PM 4/24/2011, you wrote:

> > Everyone already knows that these virtual drive systems don't fully emulate
> > the floppy controller hardware but what the average user accomplishes with
>
>This is the point I'm trying to make.. everyone does not know.  It's

This is nowhere near being a new topic or a new discovery.  RAM
drives have been in use since the 80's and we've dealt with this
issue time and time again, so much that I'm convinced that most CoCo
users know what to expect from a virtual drive system.  I haven't
blew any smoke up anybody's butt if that's what you're concerned
about.  My user base is well aware of how virtual drives work.

I don't have the time but maybe someone can go through a bunch of
software and see what loads under one system but not another,
including the many brands of RAM drives out there.

--
~ Roger Taylor