[Coco] A quote...

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Wed Apr 20 19:35:55 EDT 2011

On Wednesday, April 20, 2011 07:30:33 PM Willard Goosey did opine:

> On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 03:44:17PM -0400, gene heskett wrote:
> > But that's our stchick!  To me the guru meditation error wasn't nearly
> > as informative, until you bought the amiga guru's book, which
> > explained those numbers.  Windows has its BSOD, but the above is
> > uniquely coco.
>
> Yes, it's uniquely coco but a screenful of sparklies doesn't seem very
> informative to me. :-(

About all that can tell you is the (probably) the stack got overwritten or
was not well managed.. I saw a boatload of those while working on vfy
because assembler doesn't include a housekeeping function.  The final
version you all can see, has been checked with os9p4 and is dead stable.

> I very much approve of the Nitros-9 boot screen, howerver.  I might
> have to go digging for the meaning of ICx<whatever> but at least it
> gives some indication of what went wrong.

That it does.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)