[Coco] Software testing for FDC emulator

Darren A mechacoco at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 08:52:28 EDT 2011

On 4/20/11, Robert Gault  wrote:

> Where did you get your copy of The Seventh Link? The one I tested was from
> from Briza's
> collection and the results are puzzling.
>
> The game displays correctly with VCC. It displays correctly with MESS .134b
> but not more
> recent versions. With newer MESS versions the left edge of the screen was
> moved about 1/3
> to the right and the right side folded over on the left. I think that's what
> you see.

That's interesting. It sounds exactly like the results I am seeing
with the FDC emulator.  I had tested the images (from Briza's
collection) in VCC and MESS .129b and they did work. I then created
floppy disks from the images and found that they also worked on real
hardware.

I think I am going to need a version of MESS which has the debugger
features enabled.  Does anyone have a pre-built binary for this (for
use on Win XP)?

Darren