[Coco] CoCoFEST! brain-storming (roundtable discusions?)

John W. Linville linville at tuxdriver.com
Thu Apr 14 22:30:17 EDT 2011

One of the great things about CoCoFEST! is being able to be in the
same room with other people that are the same kind of crazy as you!
This list and Roger's forum are great, the IRC channel is fun, and
the recent conferences have been good too.  But there is nothing like
being able to talk face-to-face with others in this community.

Often there are presentations, and I mostly love 'em!  I've even
given a few myself.  It is great to hear an organized presentation
about someone's specific project, a new product from Cloud-9 or
other vendors, or even just a "tech talk" on a relevant topic.
I hope there are more this year, and I expect that there will be. :-)

Still, I think CoCoFEST! provides a great opportunity for something
else: roundtable discussions.  I'm thinking of an open (or possibly
moderated) discussion among people in certain interest groups.
Here are some suggestions:

	Software Developers -- discussion of recent projects,
	exchange of techniques, brainstorming for new creative ideas

	Hardware Developers -- similar to the above, but for physical
	additions to your CoCo setup (especially new things people
	might want)

	Emulation -- what emulators are suited to particular needs,
	how to solve emulation-specific problems, etc.

	Gaming -- what games are people playing?  how do you get to
	the next level?  what type of new games do we want?

	CoCo4 -- you know someone will want to bring this up
	again... :-)

I suppose any/all of those might be done in an impromptu fashion (and
probably will be).  But it might be nicer/better/whatever to have
some designated discussions, rather than having several segregated
conversations all around the room.  And if nothing else, maybe I
am just planting the seed so that we all have something to discuss
besides our travel hardships!

So anyway, what do you think?  Maybe some 45 minute slots for "everyone
gather in this corner to jawbone this topic"?

John

P.S.  If you are "on the fence" at all about coming to this year's
CoCoFEST!, I heartily encourage you to come.  It is better for finding
stuff than eBay, better for finding CoCo information than Google,
and maybe even better for catching-up on CoCo news than this list
or coco3.com!  Don't miss it!! :-)
--
John W. Linville                Someday the world will need a hero, and you
linville at tuxdriver.com                  might be all we have.  Be ready.