[Coco] further adventures with plug'n'power/x10

Steve Ostrom smostrom7 at comcast.net
Sat Sep 25 12:20:43 EDT 2010

There are some older Mark Data games for the Coco that used some of these
now unsupported semi-graphics modes.  I think that Cave Hunter was one of
these.  You needed to travel to the bottom of a maze, if I recall correctly,
and pick up gold bars.  The play was really good, but the Coco3 cannot
handle that video format and so that good game is no longer playable on many
Coco setups.  (Does the Coco1/2 mode on the Coco3 support these old
semigraphics formats?)  A few other programs written in those early days are
similarly affected.  I'm not sure what the draw was to program in these
modes, except for maybe inhanced colors and better resolution?

-- Steve --