[Coco] further adventures with plug'n'power/x10

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 21:33:41 EDT 2010

On Fri, 24 Sep 2010, Stephen H. Fischer wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Neighbor has the collars that shock the dog when it barks.
>
> She does not replace the batteries as needed. The dogs never bark when she
> is home and so insists there is no problem.

Inconsiderate dog owners never seem to hear their own pets - bane of my
existence as well.

> Thankfully the current set of dogs as not nearly as bad as the first set, one
> (Lucky who was almost killed by other dogs) would bark very loud and
> piercing at the footsteps of a person walking a block away, any siren within
> two miles or an airplane flying over among many other triggers. I could not
> use my patio for any purpose. Anything I was doing (inside) was immediately
> stopped, the 1812 overture with dogs might be OK, The Moonlight Sonata not.

Fortunately our city has a well-enforced noise ordinance.  After fruitless
attempts at negotiations with the )_&)^ idiot behind us I just started
calling the police when it becomes a nuisance.  After a few $75 fines, the
message got through.

Hate to be a jerk, but when all else fails...