[Coco] further adventures with plug'n'power/x10

Fri Sep 24 17:06:19 EDT 2010

Hi,

Neighbor has the collars that shock the dog when it barks.

She does not replace the batteries as needed. The dogs never bark when she
is home and so insists there is no problem.

Thankfully the current set of dogs as not nearly as bad as the first set,
one
(Lucky who was almost killed by other dogs) would bark very loud and
piercing at the footsteps of a person walking a block away, any siren within
two miles or an airplane flying over among many other triggers. I could not
use my patio for any purpose. Anything I was doing (inside) was immediately
stopped, the 1812 overture with dogs might be OK, The Moonlight Sonata not.

I have the X10 module that could turn on and off any device but I threw the
Heartland America catalog away last week. I am not sure it would work
outdoors in the rain.

So it's earplugs when I wish to sleep.

SHF