[Coco] further adventures with plug'n'power/x10

George Ramsower georgeramsower at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 21:07:11 EDT 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stephen H. Fischer"

> Hi,
>
> Then there are the neighbors.
>
> I have one CCL (Black Light) on a X10 appliance module that turns on at
> times that I have concluded that something my next door neighbor (common
> wall) has is turning it on.

 I would suggest you go ahead and get a timer module to work on your PC. Use
the X10 software to program your scheduled events.
 The software also has a feature to show you what signals are appearing on
your house wiring so you can find a house code that will not be the same as
another user is using.

 Use the coco to develop a real time event program for security and
automation. Much easier to program and more fun. But the grunt work can be
really easy on a PC.

 I missed the message that points to an OS9 driver that will talk to the RS
PnP timer. Can you point me to that? I will try and see what I can do with
MY coco system as I have one now, working, but using the software that came
from X10 years ago for use in RS-DOS. It's clunky but works. It's the ONLY
software I use that isn't OS-9.
 I'll see if I can change the house code on My PnP timers. I have two. One
is attached to the coco and the other is in my living room simply as a
button pusher to turn things on and off.

 Right now, I need to get a phase coupler to fix a problem with the timers
not talking well to modules on another power leg. Not expensive and easy to
install.

 George

 HI, Gene!!