[Coco] Software offer and Drive Pak solution

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Thu Sep 16 22:24:19 EDT 2010

At 08:20 PM 9/16/2010, you wrote:
>I use Eclipse quite a bit myself, just the stock software and a few
>minor plugins.  I've not seen it be unstable at all, and it performs
>quite well.  It may be some of your trouble is coming from the extras
>that have been added in your environment.
>
>I find the editor to be very nice for working on Java code at least.
>I would agree that configuration is a bit of a nightmare.. there are

When I started writing my IDEs years ago, one of the main reasons was
that every other IDE I used was a configuration nightmare.  It's
pretty cruel for an IDE author to tell you that it supports this
system and that system, but in the docs you are instructed to do the
work yourself to get the IDE to do common tasks or to set up common
compilers or assemblers.

--
~ Roger Taylor