[Coco] Nitros9 on Keil

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 02:25:20 EDT 2010

this message may be relevant:
http://five.pairlist.net/pipermail/coco/2008-June/036368.html

the disk images (both .dsk and .os9) that I am familiar with from
working on DriveWire are just blobs of linear sector data.
if you're using an image from the nitros9 nightly builds, those are
the same.. just sector 0-X sequentially in the file.
Robert seems to be saying that the Kiel emulator is able to use
additional control data.  Maybe it needs a different file format?
In MESS, renaming a file from .dsk to .os9 makes OS9 boot fine, so
somehow MESS treats the two differently but I don't know
what that difference is.  FWIW, besides booting MESS seems to be able
to use a disk named .dsk under OS9 just fine.
Maybe Robert can explain?

-Aaron