[Coco] plug'n'power controller manual?

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at gmail.com
Sat Sep 11 11:06:03 EDT 2010

On Saturday, September 11, 2010 10:46:34 am Bruce W. Calkins did opine:

The receiver is a cm11a, and I believe its out of production now for
several years.  There is an rf based device that I think replaces it now,
called the firecracker or bottlerocket, I forget which.  It has a 17 in the
model number IIRC.

There is also a radio receiver that is used to receive the messages from
the eagle-eye and hawk-eye motion detectors, the RR-501.  It translates
what the radio picks up and sends it to the powerline.  I have them plugged
into a 3 wide duplex expander, and the cm11a talks to my computer over a
serial cable, and since the cm11a has memory, it will perform the scheduled
tasks without aid from the computer for a year at a time.  When I need to
update the cm11a, I fire up "heyu" to do that.  Because the original author
of heyu licensed it with a GPL incompatible license, it will never be part
of a linux distribution, but the current maintainer is still actively
developing it.  And it is free for the downloading, but you'll need the
"build essentials" compiler stuff to do the build and install.

My outside lights are on a schedule that is adjusted for sunrise/sunset
times.  Yeah, I'm a redneck, the Christmas lights never come down except to
replace them. ;-)

Its sort of neat to pickup an x10 palm pad, take it to the basement where I
have a pool table, and control the music being played on the speakers down
there with buttons on the palm pad.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)