[Coco] Anyone Interested In CoCo Emulator On Android?

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Thu Sep 9 10:54:37 EDT 2010

On Thursday, September 09, 2010 10:48:45 am Steve Bjork did opine:

>   I've never liked Java and Oracle, the new owners of Java (because they
> bought Sun) has a lawsuit against Google for the way they have done Java
> on Android.
>
> See:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Java_applet#The_2010_Oracle_-_Google_lawsui
>
> Google at the same time calls the suit "attack on /Java/ community"
> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_%28mobile_device_platform%29#cite_
> note-161> and will fight it. (for years.)
>
> If Oracle keeps this up, Java could be a dead language someday.

I am on numerous linux lists, and the iced-tea substitutes for java are
getting renewed efforts to remove any incompatibilities.  And are getting
quite good.  Java itself, with Ellison at the wheel of a bus full of
lawyers, will only serve to officiate at its funeral.