[Coco] Anyone Interested In CoCo Emulator On Android?

Steve Bjork 6809er at srbsoftware.com
Thu Sep 9 03:00:59 EDT 2010

  I've never liked Java and Oracle, the new owners of Java (because they
bought Sun) has a lawsuit against Google for the way they have done Java
on Android.

See:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Java_applet#The_2010_Oracle_-_Google_lawsuit

Google at the same time calls the suit "attack on /Java/ community"
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_%28mobile_device_platform%29#cite_note-161>
and will fight it. (for years.)

If Oracle keeps this up, Java could be a dead language someday.

I should point out...
While Android applications are written in Java, there's no Java Virtual
Machine in the platform and Java byte code is not executed. Java classes
get recompiled into Dalvik executable and run on Dalvik virtual machine.
Dalvik is a specialized virtual machine designed specifically for
Android and optimized for battery-powered mobile devices with limited
memory and CPU. Android does not support J2ME, like some other mobile
operating systems.

Steve Bjork