[Coco] Anyone Interested In CoCo Emulator On Android?

Brad Grier bradgrier at cox.net
Fri Sep 10 02:04:49 EDT 2010

Yes. Android apps are written in Java and compiled to a bytecode
incompatible with the traditional Java virtual machine. I wouldn't say
it's compiled into an executable anymore than any other Java program. In
fact, Dalvik didn't get a just-in-time compiler until the recent release
of Android 2.2. As far as I'm concerned, it's the same language with a
different set of APIs.

I'm not a big fan of Oracle either but I don't think Java is going
anywhere (I've been hearing about it's eventual demise since, oh, 1995).
There are lots of exciting things happening with alternative languages
that compile down to Java bytecode (Scala for example).