[Coco] Another DW 3 question

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Fri Nov 26 23:17:35 EST 2010

Derek wrote:
> Right now using drivewire 3 I am loading the DOS rom via the cassette audio cable
> connected to my PC headphone jack. The ROM is a .wav file on the PC and i cloadm:exec
> on the coco to load it.
>
> It is possible to transfer the ROM to a disk and load from a real floppy rather than
> having to use the cassette cable and wav file on the PC? If so does anyone have a .dsk
> image of this already made?
>
> If I have the rom images loaded on the coco how could I save it as a file on disk?
>
> Thanks for all the help on my previous questions. Been having fun getting DW3 hooked
> up and working.

Yes, you can create a disk for the Coco from which you can LOADM the Drivewire
ROM. However, it is not as simple as doing a CLOADM because you can't load
something into the Disk ROM area without killing the load process.
You offset LOADM the ROM to say $3000, then LOADM a routine to move the ROM to
$C000, and finally start the ROM.

I can send you a .dsk image with the required code if you know how to create a
Coco floppy from the .dsk image.

Is your Yahoo address the correct address for sending the .dsk image?