[Coco] Why do a next Gen CoCo? was Any news on the so called CoCo4 or Next CoCo

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Sat Nov 20 08:18:16 EST 2010

I did not mean to imply that anyone should be allowed to commit
changes to such a project, if it ever comes to be, merely that it
should be under a license which ensures the source will always be
available.

Just take a look at any of the thousands of successful open source
projects, including several in our own community.  You typically will
have a single person deciding what is committed or not committed on a
small project and maybe 2 or 3 on a very large project.. in some cases
it still is a single person even on some massive software.

The license means that anyone can see the code and make improvements
or changes as they see fit *for their own purposes*.  It doesn't mean
those changes necessarily become part of the project :)  That would be
insanity.

-Aaron