[Coco] V-Term here... [Color Computer] Re: Terminal Program

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Tue Nov 16 15:48:52 EST 2010

On Tuesday, November 16, 2010 03:40:04 pm Little John did opine:

> Gene,
> There are some unofficial 7-Zip versions for Linux here:
> http://www.7-zip.org/download.html
> If you prefer, I can redo these files as ".zip" for you to put on your
> site. I've just gotten so accustomed to using 7zip that I sometimes
> forget it isn't nearly as widespread as zip... I think it's getting
> there though... JohnT

Yes I think it is, and we have a new, quite a bit more efficient 'zipper' for
linux that was just announced, using a new, much larger window for the
dictionary like bz2 uses so it detects and factors out redundancy's over a
20 Gb dir tree that is full of say 200 copies of the kernel source code,
and smunching the output file to less than 2% of the original size.

As I said, it appears that ark, which is a gui that manages all the
compression tools in one window, can show me a directory listing, and I
assume it can unpack it when I get a directory prepared.  Not to worry in
other words, and thanks much for the offer.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)