[Coco] V-Term here... [Color Computer] Re: Terminal Program

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Tue Nov 16 13:17:28 EST 2010

On Tuesday, November 16, 2010 12:46:37 pm Little John did opine:

> Roger,
> I have now uploaded VIP Terminal + Manual here:
> http://gimechip.com/files/VIP_Terminal_SOFTLAW.7z
> Again, I'll leave it for a few days. Feel free to add it to your site.
> Hopefully, I will have some more of the CoCo Terminal programs ready for
> upload soon and perhaps the person that made the original request will
> find at least one that meets his needs.
> -JohnT-

I just pulled it, and need to figure out how to unpack that .7z on linux.
Looks like 'ark' knows how.

I just moved it, and the new DW4beta.zip to my web page as shown below.

<http://gene.homelinux.net:85/gene/stuff4george>

As usual, if I move something into there that's not supposed to be, yelp
and I'll nuke it asap.  The dir on my hard drive that vt220.ar came from
has at least 100 other utils that may be handy to somebody.

Another file that may be of interest, is sc23.beta, its SuperComm-23, the
os9 executable.  I used it a lot back in the day.

I was going to put another util called moveit.ar there too, which unpacks
to move, but after looking at the assembly source, it is possible to make
it into the linux version of mv, which would be about 20x faster as this
one makes a copy of the file when there is no need to unless its being moved
to a different storage device.  Under os9/nitros9, it is only needed to move
the $20 bytes of the directory entry from one directory to the other if on
the same disk, the file descriptor nor the file do not need to be moved, and
its possible to make a hard link if the on disk link count in the file
descriptor is incremented, so when I get that working, it will be called
mv, and will have 2 options, one '-l' to preserve the original directory
entry, and a '-d' to delete just one entry (which will indeed delete the
file if the link count is then 0!)  Those operations will be slower because
it will need to access the file descriptor.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)