[Coco] TCP/IP Programming in Commodore BASIC

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Tue Nov 9 12:06:23 EST 2010

On 9 Nov 2010 at 9:32, gene heskett wrote:

> I did DL the pdf on it, and while it may be usable, the interface will be
> bear, with 5 IRQ lines, and 3 DMARQ/DMAAK pairs, it looks like a lot of
> external translation support would be needed.  Is this the chip that this
> networking stack supports?

The Sparkfun module is actually designed by Olimex and in the current form uses only 4
IRQs and no DMA.

This modlue will require external circuitry to interface directly to the COCO expansion buss.

Needed items are

1) a priority encoder - rather simple to design and implement

2) Essentially an ISA bus interface. Already available.

3) software, software and more software.

james