[Coco] TCP/IP Programming in Commodore BASIC

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 14:53:17 EST 2010

On Monday, November 08, 2010 02:48:16 pm Jonno Downes did opine:

> gene heskett <gheskett at ...> writes:
> > Which can be used as 5, 8, or 16 bit references.  For a direct
> > translation, I believe I'd need a 6502 asm language reference similar
> > to the motorola silver book.  Is such a beast still in print at this
> > late date?  Or can it be downloaded from someplace?
>
> some good resources are http://www.6502.org/documents and the
> 'programming' section (1/2 way down the page) at
> http://www.bombjack.org/commodore/books-generic.htm

There goes 2 reams of paper...  And 2 fairly thick binders...

> > I see it carries the MPL license, but from what little I read of it, I
> > couldn't tell if a translation to 6x09 code under the GPL3 would be
> > legal or not.  I have DL the latest zip but have not unzipped or
> > looked at it as I'd like to be sure of its being legal first.
>
> Unfortunately the MPL and GPL (in any version) are not compatible - I
> did talk to the original author of ip65 (who set the original license)
> about dual licensing so people could use ip65 in GPL'ed work, but he
> decided against that.

So I had better read the MPL pretty closely.  Hummm.  Makes the cheese a
little more binding as they say.  So I'll go look at that a lot closer
before I do much else.

Thanks Jonno.

One other Q, how fast did those commies run? (clock speed)