[Coco] Appologies

John W. Linville linville at tuxdriver.com
Fri Mar 26 09:21:23 EDT 2010

On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 09:35:09PM +1000, Jason Law wrote:

> Just wanted to sincerely appologise for being disrespectful in general
> yesterday.

Are you kidding?  I think your part was just fine.

> I've decided to just fall back to the website I've setup and limit my
> community contact to there, even if it ends up 0, I'll still be doing my
> programming :D

*sigh* -- now I have to check another website.  Any way you can have
it send me emails when there is action there? :-)

> As it was pointed out, I haven't been around as long as some. So I don't
> really have the right to try to change anything.

I completely, emphatically, positively disagree!  New members
of the group are still members of the group, with all the rights
and privileges thereof.  If not, then the group just fades away.
Maybe that is OK for some, but I've still got a lot of good CoCo-ing
(and other retro- and similar computing) left in me!

> All the best guys, most of you have been great for the short time I've known
> you.

I hope you will reconsider -- at least stay subscribed and monitor
to see if the water gets any warmer!

As for me, I am extremely grateful for the contributions you
made towards my understanding of the 256-color composite mode.
Which reminds me that I still need to post some 128x192 @ 30fps
256-color video captured from my CoCo3... :-)

Anyway, I would hate to see you go -- you are a significant part of
what I have viewed as a rejuvenation of our community over the past
6 months or so.

John
--
John W. Linville                Someday the world will need a hero, and you
linville at tuxdriver.com                  might be all we have.  Be ready.