[Coco] Need a copy of the boot chars for when it fails

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Fri Jan 22 20:09:08 EST 2010

On Friday 22 January 2010, Boisy G. Pitre wrote:
>Gene,
>
>The source for this is in rel.asm.
>
>Take the character after the * (in this case 'j') and find its ASCII value
> (for 'j' it would be 106).
>
>Set the high bit (i.e. add 128)
>
>128+106 = 234 (E$NEMod - Non-Existing Module)
>
>Then grep the sources for E$NEMod.

But, it doesn't tell us what module can't be found.  That 'i2x' looks ok, but
the following 'tot*j' looks doofy.  And I just built a joydrv_5661L.sb with
all its screen tallies set for uppercase and none of those were printed, so
while the driver is in the bootfile, it is not finding it, or something
preceding it, which if IUI right, s/b Term, looking for vtio, and vtio then
looking for those 3 subroutines.

>My grep shows that the fchain.asm file in level2/modules/kernel returns
> that error.  That is the likely source.

Src of the '*j', but not what wasn't found.  I think I'll go put some of
those in vtio temporarily.