[Coco] new question/survey

Bob Devries devries.bob at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 00:55:47 EST 2010

Hi Gene,

while there's no great difference in clock speed, there is a difference in
the circuitry of the clock tap-off point that's used by the disto 2MB kit.
The PAL Coco3 uses a 28.475 MHz crystal oven, while the NTSC one uses a
crystal with a resistor and two caps.

However, I suspect other timing issues, but I just don't know enough about
it.

I did hear rumours once that Tony had looked at the issues relating to the
PAL coco3 and his 2MB kit, but I have never seen any evidence of it.

Regards, Bob Devries

--
Besides a mathematical inclination, an exceptionally good mastery of one's
native tongue is the most vital asset of a competent programmer.

Edsger W.Dijkstra, 18 June 1975