[Coco] new question/survey

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Thu Jan 21 00:04:25 EST 2010

On Wednesday 20 January 2010, Bob Devries wrote:
>Hi Gene, you asked:
>> How many readers of this list have Tony's 2 megabyte kit in their
>> coco3's, or
>> something similar?
>
>I have a Disto 2 Meg kit, but sadly it doesn't work in a PAL coco3, and
> that issue was never resolved.

That is odd.  There is not, AFA memory access, any great difference, 5% in
clock speed maybe.  Unforch, on this side of the entirely too shaky rock we
call home, I'd not have a clue where I could find a pal coco3 to play with.

ATM, I've been trying to make a boot disk for level 3, without a lot of
success so far.
.
>Regards, Bob Devries
>P.S. I do have a 1 MB kit which *does* work, though it's a tight fit in the
>PAL coco3.

The disto kit, with its laid back simm memory, fills up some space but
doesn't actually hit the top cover.