[Coco] Hires mouse emulation in VCC

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 18:49:16 EST 2010

Besides not being able to use mouse or exit, does the emulator run,
i.e. do you see a Coco?

This sort of happens in a default configuration I think..Try ALT-Tab
to switch away.  The mouse problem can normally be solved by telling
MESS not to use the mouse: if you're using MESSUI then go into
properties for the system and under Controllers, uncheck "Enable mouse
input".  Also check that mouse is not selected for any of the inputs
on the Controller Mapping page (other than Mouse device).

Video problems can be worked out usually on the Display page.  "Run in
a window" and unchecking "Start out maximized" might make a
difference.  The various Videomode settings also might give better
results (or worse).

One of the best things about MESS is the huge number of options
available, but this can also be a problem when you aren't familiar
with what they do.  I'd bet you can solve some or all of the issues
you have by tweaking things.

Good luck, let us know how it goes and maybe we can figure out any
remaining issues.
-Aaron