[Coco] VEFIO and WInfo

Joel Ewy jcewy at swbell.net
Sat Jan 9 12:25:27 EST 2010

Joel Ewy wrote:
> I'm looking for a slimmer VEF viewer than view 4.4.  I want to see if
> I can get my 256 artifact color slideshow to run in 128K.  I
> downloaded VEFIO from RTSI, but according to the documentation, it
> requires a subroutine module named WInfo, which doesn't appear to be
> on RTSI, unless it is in some archive by another name.
>
> Anybody know where to get WInfo?  Alternatively, does anyone know of
> another OS-9 VEF viewer that will display 640x200x4-color VEF pictures
> (viewvef doesn't appear to work with those)?

I'm going to answer my own question.  I found a program called show
(show.ar) on one of my old floppy disks.  This is apparently where WInfo
comes from.  It is merged with several other modules in a file called
'show'.  I don't know if this is currently available anywhere online.  I
don't see it on RTSI, though I could have missed it, and there's no way
to know that WInfo is inside it.  Maybe I'll try to find a place to post it.

JCE