[Coco] Ebay laugh of the day.

Jeremy Michea jmichea at cogeco.ca
Sun Jan 3 08:34:22 EST 2010

Getting a bit off topic but I agree with Mark McDougall, the retro gaming arena is overflowing with overpriced junk by clueless sellers whether it be local brick and mortar stores or online. As a retro gaming collector I see this all the time. Craigslist and Kijiji are horrible too. In fact I visit the digitpress site and they have a whole huge thread dedicated to outrageous Craigslist ads.

To the DOD in question here I saw that one too and laughed. I paid $3 for mine complete in box with manual. I know an online retailer that was selling coco games for $3 each (I bought almost all of them) no matter what the title and until I came along they were sitting there for years apparently.

People need to understand that "rare" doesn't necessarily translate to expensive. I can understand some of the coco 3 game paks going for more money but not the more common early titles. I won an auction recently of 12 games for under $12. Was a little surprised it went for that little but it speaks to (1) most coco collectors have these and (2) they aren't worth nearly as much as people think.