[Coco] CoCoNet beta release

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Fri Jan 1 17:18:06 EST 2010

At 10:02 PM 12/31/2009, you wrote:
>Roger Taylor wrote:
>>
>>DLOADing a DOS won't let just "anybody" use it.  It would let those
>>with a PC and a cable maybe do it which might have to be purchased by the user.
>Well, the PC and the cable are already required with DriveWire. The
>idea is that it will be all that is required.

>>Your solution to restoring the DLOAD command in the CoCo 3 might
>>have to be done by way of a DOS ROM that patches the command back in...  ;)
>
>No ROM is needed. With just and 2 POKEs and 2 EXECs, I can make a
>CoCo 3 DLOAD a program from a DLOAD server. The thing is, most of
>the DLOAD code is still there. Only the first few bytes are missing,
>and they are not that essential.

I realize this since I've already fiddled with this stuff years ago,
but it's too much work to ask someone to poke around to get something
to work.  People will forget how to do it, especially the older we get.  :)

The answer is a patched Disk BASIC ROM that brings the DLOAD command
back.  DLOAD with no parameters could do what it does already on the
CoCo 3, perform a warm start.  If a parameter is supplied, the comand
could work like it did on the CoCo 2.

--
~ Roger Taylor