[Coco] USB (RS-232?) O-scope

John W. Linville linville at tuxdriver.com
Sun Feb 28 16:22:17 EST 2010

On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 12:42:35PM -0700, Andrew wrote:

> But you won't be seeing it communicating with the CoCo anytime soon;
> in order to get the acquisition speed, it is running the USB-serial
> port at 500 kbaud; even if you could get connected (say, with
> Roger's serial pak - although I am not sure it can be set that
> high?), the CoCo could never keep up, of course.
>
> :( - oh, well...

FWIW, the manual says this:

"The serial parameter string is “500000,8,N,1”, meaning 500 kbaud,
8 data bits, no parity, one stop bit. (The speed is rather high in
order to maximize the oscilloscope’s acquisition speed; if that
poses a problem for you, contact us and we can provide a chip with
custom firmware running at any data rate you choose, e.g. 9600 baud)."

But in any case, I think using the coco to monitor a scope is probably
little more than an art project unless you are monitoring some really
slow-cycling stuff...

John -- John W. Linville                Someday the world
will need a hero, and you linville at tuxdriver.com
     might be all we have.  Be ready.