[Coco] System gen problem - SOLVED!!

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Sat Feb 13 12:01:55 EST 2010

Ok.. I think it's clear we need good guides on how to make and modify
boot disks if folks are going to be able to use DW very easily.

I'm trying to classify the ways someone might want to use the drivers,
and then I will put together a guide on how to do each one.  Having no
peripherals myself, I've always just booted from and exclusively used
DriveWire as my only storage, so forgive me if I've missed a scenario.
 If anybody has successfully completed one of these methods and wants
to post or send me a description of the steps, that would sure help as
again I don't have hardware here to test anything.

So.. my list of every way DW could be used:

1.  Floppy disk systems:
1a. Want to boot from floppy, /dd is /d0, just have /x disks available
1b. Want to boot from DW, /dd is /x0, /d0-3 are available

2. Hard disk systems
2a. Want to boot from floppy, /dd is /H0, have /x available
2b. Want to boot directly from HD, /dd is /H0, /d0-3 and /x are
available (is this possible?)
2c. Want to boot from DW, /dd is /H0, /d0-3 and /x are available

I'm assuming any HD user would want /DD=/H0.  Is this a safe bet?  Are
there configurations I've missed?  I want to document each likely
configuration but don't mind if we miss some very strange situations.

thanks for any input.
-Aaron