[Coco] System gen problem - SOLVED!!

Bruce W. Calkins brucewcalkins at charter.net
Sat Feb 13 08:53:38 EST 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Aaron Wolfe" <

> So is there a step by step checklist for those of us that are somewhat
> challenged at figuring the software side out?

which procedure were you planning to do?  I'll try to put together a
"how-to" with step by step instructions, we could maybe use such a
thing in our documentation.

I guess my first step is to get a CoCo 3 with floppy drives set up with a 32
bit Ubuntu machine as the DW server.  From there I would want to make .DSK
images of my CoCo disks.

Currently most of my stuff is on Windows XP systems, but I am migrating to
Linux, so it makes since to me to use Linux for this application.  I can
move all of my CoCo .DSK collection to a USB drive to move them to the Linux
machine to consolidate the collection.

Personally I have never gotten further that Jeff V's emulator on a Windows
98 installation set to boot to DOS.  I have yet to get an emulator running
on an XP machine.

Bruce W.