[Coco] Off Topic-Electronic Magazine

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Fri Feb 12 00:10:49 EST 2010

On Thursday 11 February 2010, Joel Ewy wrote:
>paulh96636 at aol.com wrote:
>> I was thinking about the likes of Popular Electronics, Radio-Electronics,
>> Electronics Hobbyist, Electronics Experimenters Handbook, & Modern
>> Electronics, of which I have a few old copies.
>>
>> Don't know exactly when these publications ceased or if they still
>> publish at times, if not monthly, which is why I posed the question.
>> Thanks for the responses.  I'd heard of Nuts & Volts, but not of Circuit
>> Cellar and Servo Magazine.     -ph
>
>Nuts & Volts has been going for quite a few years now.  They started out
>mostly as classified ads, then added a few articles.  Now they're the
>closest thing to what Radio-Electronics used to be that I'm aware of.
>Servo is their robotics-oriented spin-off.
>
>I'm also into Make magazine.

I had a sub the first year they started, but for me they ranged a little too
widely, and not technical enough.  Circuit Cellar is more my speed.  I used
to have a sub to Electronics by Mgraw-Hill, but they joined the Ziff-Davis
kill-a-good magazine club in the late 80's and self destructed.  They got
right down to the bare metal with their stuff.  Loved it.