[Coco] Would anyone like some snow?

Tim Fadden t.fadden at cox.net
Wed Feb 10 23:31:26 EST 2010

On 2/10/2010 7:35 PM, Aaron Wolfe wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 9:04 PM, Tim Fadden<t.fadden at cox.net>  wrote:
>
>> On 2/10/2010 5:31 PM, Aaron Wolfe wrote:
>>
>>> Does anyone use an editor with good results on a vt100, ansi, or other
>>> common terminal type?  I haven't had much luck with scred on anything
>>> other than the coco console.

>> Ive used scred from linux, solaris, and several versions of windows with
>> great results.
>>
>> What kind of issues were you having?
>>
> It's been a couple weeks but the escape sequences for screen control
> were not getting to my terminal (or not being sent), or not properly
> defined in the termset file, or my client is no good... too many
> unknowns :).  could also be a bug in the way dw4 handles telnet, our
> implementation is pretty sparse.  so i was interested in what's known
> to work well, hoping to eliminate some factors.  i will keep at it
> with scred.

I have had various results with different windows telnet clients also.
Some settings that seem to help if you can change them

Use: Force Character at a time mode.
Also make sure not to change the window size (ok if scaling, and not
changing rows/columns).

I use CRT v4.0.1 with windows.  Took me a bit of tweeking but works
great now.  I also tested a couple of free/shareware clients that worked
good.

Under linux and solaris I use the command line telnet which works, and a
nix serial/com program that works great is minicom.

I don't have the drivewire serial drivers (can't find them or the
server) but I do have drive wire.
I kinda got the source off of source forge, but I am not a programer,
just a hacker and havn't figured out all the ins and outs of compiling
with source forge.
I have better luck compiling on the coco! ha ha ha

I use a windows program written for comador's to go from serial on the
coco to tcpip on the net, where I log into the coco at home from work,
and use scred that way.

If you could instruct me on where/how to get the drivewire stuff, I
could help you test it.

Good luck! and have fun!

Tim