[Coco] Would anyone like some snow?

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 21:35:12 EST 2010

On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 9:04 PM, Tim Fadden <t.fadden at cox.net> wrote:
> On 2/10/2010 5:31 PM, Aaron Wolfe wrote:
>>
>> Does anyone use an editor with good results on a vt100, ansi, or other
>> common terminal type?  I haven't had much luck with scred on anything
>> other than the coco console.
>>
>> On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 2:58 PM, Aaron Banerjee<spam_proof at verizon.net>
>>  wrote:
>>

>>> We've got plenty of it here -- and then some.  It can sometimes be funny,
>>> though.  While shoveling the driveway, even the dog started digging...
>>>
>>> On a coco-related note, what's the best word processor for the Coco 2?
>>>  VIP?
>>>  I was wondering if anything existed that was better.
>>>
>>>              - Aaron
>>>
>>> --
>>

> Ive used scred from linux, solaris, and several versions of windows with
> great results.
>
> What kind of issues were you having?

It's been a couple weeks but the escape sequences for screen control
were not getting to my terminal (or not being sent), or not properly
defined in the termset file, or my client is no good... too many
unknowns :).  could also be a bug in the way dw4 handles telnet, our
implementation is pretty sparse.  so i was interested in what's known
to work well, hoping to eliminate some factors.  i will keep at it
with scred.