[Coco] OT Problems with Windows Mail on Vista

Tue Feb 9 13:47:22 EST 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gene Heskett" <gene.heskett at verizon.net>
To: "CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts" <coco at maltedmedia.com>
Sent: Monday, February 08, 2010 11:17 PM
Subject: Re: [Coco] OT Problems with Windows Mail on Vista
> Or (sorry Stephen, can't resist the nudge)
> Cheers, Gene

Hi,

You should not have said that, yours was one of three unread messages in my
Windows Main "[CoCo]" folder that show up only when I select "Hide Read or
Ignored Messages". They are BOLD and so are unread.

Are you setting the message "Ignored" Flag?

My inbox is clean now the "[CoCo]" subfolder is no longer under "Inbox".

And the "[CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts]" folder has ~ 14
messages.

I want to compact the folders but that option is missing. I may have to wait
until the counter triggers it.

The counter is set for 100 runs, I will try and lower it.

SHF

Opps, the three messages are now being shown when "Show All Messages" is
selected. ???

> There is an acronym for OE. usually referred to as Outrageous Exploder by
> folks in the 'other OS' category.  In our opinion, it deserves every
> expletive it generates.  ;-)

But I am using Windows Mail. A complete rewrite so that Vista could index
and quickly find mail messages just like other files.