[Coco] System gen problem

Boisy G. Pitre boisy at tee-boy.com
Tue Feb 9 08:36:40 EST 2010

Steve,

Are you building these modules from the latest project sources?  If so, then there is an issue with using the latest dw3.sb with a non-Java server.  Aaron's work has caused an understandable incompatibility with the older servers that would cause the symptoms you are seeing.

Boisy

On Feb 9, 2010, at 6:43 AM, Steven Hirsch wrote:

>>> I am not seeing an OP_RESET.  It shows UNKNOWN(248), but not every time.
>>>

>> 248 is equivalent to OP_RESET, recognition of this is added in our new
>> version.  Not sure why you don't always see it, but sounds like things
>> are OK then.
>
> Stranger and stranger all the time.  I went right back to basics and tried building a basic kernel that supports only the floppy drives (/d0==/dd) and the drivewire drives (/x0 and /x1) using the 'mb' script on the drivewire example image from Cloud9.  Doesn't work.
>
> To recap:  Using the Cloud9 HDB ROM, I can boot directly from a DW server running on Linux.  Everything operates correctly.  Any and all attempts at building a system that boots _elsewhere_ (even one where /x0==/dd!) under the standard ROM yet recognizes the DW volume(s) has failed.
>
> The server appears to see a reset from the CoCo, but other than that - nothing.  When I try to access /x0 from the CoCo, it hangs.
>
> What on earth am I doing wrong?  I have no trouble generating systems, some quite complex, that support all the rest of my hardware!
>
> Steve

Boisy G. Pitre
http://www.tee-boy.com/