[Coco] System gen problem

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 09:33:01 EST 2010

On Tue, 9 Feb 2010, Boisy G. Pitre wrote:

> Steve,
>
> Are you building these modules from the latest project sources?  If so,
> then there is an issue with using the latest dw3.sb with a non-Java
> server.  Aaron's work has caused an understandable incompatibility with
> the older servers that would cause the symptoms you are seeing.

Boisy,

I'm not building the modules at all.  I'm using the ones in the RBF
directory of the Cloud9 6809l2 boot image.  I actually was not able to
find the sources for the dw drivers - where are they?

Can you elaborate on what 'dw3.sb' actually is?  I'm not used to seeing
that extra layer of device driver.  If I'm inferring correctly, you need:

rbdw3.dr
dw3.sb
ddx0.dd
etc, etc

is that correct?

This morning I had partial success using the build script on the Cloud9
image.  If I have dw support as:

rbdw3.dr
dw3.sb
ddx0.dd
x1.dd
x2.dd
x3.dd

followed by my hard disk drivers:

hdisk.dr
h0.dd
h1.dd

I get a working system that boots from a floppy diskette and logs to dw
drive 0 as the home disk (/dd).  I do have working access to the hard
drive, so this is a big step in right direction.

HOWEVER, if I replace ddx0.dd with x0.dd and h0.dd with ddh0.dd in an
attempt at making my first hard drive volume the home disk, I get no
drivewire connectivity.  It logs to the hard disk, but attempts at
accessing /x0 get me an ERROR #235 (and, yes, the diskette image IS
mounted in the server).  The server shows no indication that any
communication is taking place.

Am I doing something obviously wrong?

Steve