[Coco] System gen problem

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 17:02:24 EST 2010

On Sun, 7 Feb 2010, Steven Hirsch wrote:

>> You do need to be careful that the /x# descriptors match the image that is
>> mounted in Drivewire. The general intent was that these images would be
>> very large disks equivalent to hard drives. This would give hard drive
>> access to Coco3 users that don't have actual hard drives on the Coco.
>> However, if you mount a .dsk or .os9 image in Drivewire, you should adjust
>> the descriptors as now you are looking at a 35 track up to 80 track disk
>> image.
>
> That could be the issue.
>
>> What type of images are mounted in your Drivewire and do your descriptors
>> match the images?
>
> I am trying to access the nos96809l2v030209coco3_dw3.dsk image from Cloud9's
> web site.  The descriptors are simply whatever is provided in the modules/rbf
> subdirectory of that same image.
>
> How do I go about adjusting the descriptors to match the image or vice-versa?

I actually think I'm not even getting far enough to worry about the
descriptors.  The server is not even getting a request from the CoCo.  The
Coco hangs immediately when I try to access the dw drive, but clearly no
communication with the server is actually taking place.  Something more
fundamental is wrong, but what?

Steve