[Coco] System gen problem

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sun Feb 7 17:36:01 EST 2010

On Sunday 07 February 2010, Steven Hirsch wrote:
>On Sun, 7 Feb 2010, Steven Hirsch wrote:
>>> You do need to be careful that the /x# descriptors match the image that
>>> is mounted in Drivewire. The general intent was that these images would
>>> be very large disks equivalent to hard drives. This would give hard
>>> drive access to Coco3 users that don't have actual hard drives on the
>>> Coco. However, if you mount a .dsk or .os9 image in Drivewire, you
>>> should adjust the descriptors as now you are looking at a 35 track up to
>>> 80 track disk image.
>>
>> That could be the issue.
>>
>>> What type of images are mounted in your Drivewire and do your
>>> descriptors match the images?
>>
>> I am trying to access the nos96809l2v030209coco3_dw3.dsk image from
>> Cloud9's web site.  The descriptors are simply whatever is provided in
>> the modules/rbf subdirectory of that same image.
>>
>> How do I go about adjusting the descriptors to match the image or
>> vice-versa?
>
>I actually think I'm not even getting far enough to worry about the
>descriptors.  The server is not even getting a request from the CoCo.  The
>Coco hangs immediately when I try to access the dw drive, but clearly no
>communication with the server is actually taking place.  Something more
>fundamental is wrong, but what?
>
>Steve

Possibly a /p descriptor and scbbp.dr have already grabbed the bitbanger
port, or the cable is foobar.  Since we're only talking about a 3 wire &
ground cable, that does limit to n! possibilities a bit, to only 15 failure
modes because of the cable.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

The reason they're called wisdom teeth is that the experience makes you wise.