[Coco] Tony Schountz' Quick Pascal 09 (was:) I need copies of unmodified OS-9 disk images

Joel Ewy jcewy at swbell.net
Sat Feb 6 00:42:25 EST 2010

Tony Schountz wrote:
> If that listing is from the virtual hard disk on my pascal page (pascal09.org) then there will be several other files with "pascal" in the name that are for the Quick Pascal app (qp). Most of those are part of the package to support the extra features of the qp app, such as converting pascal keywords to upper case, flagging errors in a more friendly way, and the such.
>
> Tony

You know, I hadn't seen your Quick Pascal environment before, but I just
read the PDF documentation and I think it is really cool.  If I wasn't
so violently biased against Pascal, it would almost make me want to
write a pascal program again...  :)  I've been playing around in Basic09
again recently and this got me wondering how hard it would be to write a
semi-automated Basic09 -> Pascal source code translator.  Given that
Basic09 is Pascal-influenced, it might not be that difficult, though I
haven't thought it out in a detailed way yet.  It might be nice to be
able to ultimately convert some Basic09 programs into assembly language,
though that would be a devilishly circuitous path.  I suppose you'd be
better off just re-writing time-critical Basic09 procedures in C,
Pascal, or Assembler.

In any case, I think Quick Pascal is a neat idea.

JCE