[Coco] LHA question

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Mon Dec 27 15:50:49 EST 2010

On Mon, Dec 27, 2010 at 12:14:24AM -0500, gene heskett wrote:
> Chuckle. He he.  Since I am the one that last walked around in bru1.2, I
> don't have to look at its compression ratio, which is about -5% as it has
> no compression built in or callable and adds a sector per file for
> housekeeping.

Well, then you know how well it would work... :-)  I used it once, and
it worked well, but all the disk changing got old.

> However, if we had a really good compressor I could plug into bru with a
> pipe, the thought is tempting because from hard drive to hard drive, and
> enough compression to make that 90 megs fit in 40 megs,

Humm.... AFAIK the only OS-9 compressor that might have a filter mode
is compress.

I've finaly found my method of backing up OS-9 hard disks.  Dsave the
entire drive to a drivewire virtual disk, gzip -9 the image, and write
it to CD.  Job done.

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA