[Coco] Drivewire client for OS9/68K

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 23:54:16 EDT 2010

On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 8:56 PM, Bob Devries <devries.bob at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> what are the chances of a drivewire client being built for OS9/68000? The (extended) MM/1 is well endowed with serial ports via the 68070, 68901 and 68681 chips. I'm sure they'd be capable of the speek necessary.

Does OS9/68k have any native IP capability?  If so, you might want to
run DW over IP rather than serial.  Otherwise I'd suppose it's "just"
a matter of translating the dw3, dwread and dwwrite modules to 68k.
Bitbanger and fifo/MESS versions are in CVS, but I think Darren wrote
a UART based version that might be more useful to you than either of
those.  Not sure where that is, or if I am recalling correctly.

> I notics that it is no longer possible to browse the source tree of NitrOS9; else I'd have a go myself at trying to build a 68K version.

http://nitros9.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/nitros9/nitros9/

and something like:

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at nitros9.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/nitros9
co -P nitros9

both should work, tested the web access and it's fine.  What means of
browsing the source were you trying that failed?  I'll try to fix if I
can.