[Coco] Drivewire client for OS9/68K

Joel Ewy jcewy at swbell.net
Fri Aug 27 22:22:12 EDT 2010

On 08/27/2010 07:56 PM, Bob Devries wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> what are the chances of a drivewire client being built for OS9/68000?
> The (extended) MM/1 is well endowed with serial ports via the 68070,
> 68901 and 68681 chips. I'm sure they'd be capable of the speek necessary.

Bob, you and I may be the only two people on this list who still have
working MM/1 systems (though I'd love to be proven wrong) and I need to
put a 'new' hard drive in mine.  Fortunately I have a small supply of
SCSI drives from old Macs.  I really need to figure out how to use a
SCSI ZIP drive on the MM/1 though, so I have some reasonable way to back
it up...  But Drivewire would really help that situation as well.  I
would love to have a DW client for the MM/1.

> I notics that it is no longer possible to browse the source tree of
> NitrOS9; else I'd have a go myself at trying to build a 68K version.

Time permitting, I'd be willing to help in the porting effort.  My
experience in 68000 assembler is limited to a few exercises in a class
about 20 years ago, and my C is only marginally better by most
reasonable standards, but there's some motivation to learn.

JCE