[Coco] FD-50X series power supplies

Bruce W. Calkins brucewcalkins at charter.net
Thu Oct 29 05:47:34 EDT 2009

The FD-501 & 502 were a little under rated in that Radio Shack installed a
fan with the dual disk drive installations.  It appears to be more of a
cooling issue than a part rating issue though.  I have used CPU fans from
dead PCs instead of Radio Shack's can motor kludge.

In short, I have not seen a disk drive power supply fail from normal use.  I
have even bypassed the transformer and plugged in to the truck's "12 volts"
without any problems.

Bruce W.