[Coco] 10 years of Delphi posts (1985-1995)

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Sat Oct 3 23:12:34 EDT 2009

At 09:18 PM 10/3/2009, you wrote:
>Following up my previous reply, a thought just occurred to me:  If what is
>being searched for in compiling the list of the thread is something like
>"Mikeyterm (Re: Msg 13277)", then the original message will not be found,
>since its heading does not include the "Re:" part.  Is that the way you have
>it working now?
>
>Art

No, I filter the subject lines if I'm matching topics.

What I do for the mailing lists (which apparently have no
parent-child references) is clean up the subject line by removing the
(re:) portions [coco] portions and trim the strings before searching
for like-subjects.

For Delphi I take the (Re: #####) ID number and search the existing
messages for that ID.  Since any Re: ID must reference an earlier ID,
that ID would already be in the message table.

You can verify all this by looking over the Delphi .txt files.

I build and use:

message ID
parent ID
subject