[Coco] DriveWire netdisk interface

John W. Linville linville at tuxdriver.com
Thu Nov 19 13:43:02 EST 2009

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 12:51:41PM -0500, Aaron Wolfe wrote:
> I've been thinking about how to enable writing to disks stored in an
> internet disk repository.
> I had an idea of how this could work, and wondered if you guys were
> interested in something like this.

Aaron,

I took a quick peak at your project and it seems you are using custom
server code in Perl.  That is certainly your perogative, but I was
wondering why you wouldn't just use a standard protocol like HTTP?
It would certainly ease disk image publishing.

For writing, WebDAV seems like a natural choice and using that
could/should save you from having to implement security code yourself.

Not sure about the client side implementation -- I'm sure C
libraries exist for such thing but I don't know anything about them.
Implementing the http/webdav client stuff in Perl or Python should
be simple enough as an alternative.

Well, just a thought... :-)

John