[Coco] [CoCo] Radioshack disconnect

Bob Devries devries.bob at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 21:07:37 EST 2009

Hi Guys,

That trend has been evident in Australia for some time.

InterTan Australia was taken over by Dick Smith Electronics, which had
itself been taken over by Woolworths, a large multi-national grocery chain
(!). Since those take overs happened, both Tandy (AKA Radio-Shack) and Dick
Smith stores have become "Concept Stores", and the staff knows almost
nothing about electronics, and stocks no electronics-related parts.

Sigh..... gone are the good old days when I could walk into a store and buy
a handful of resistors or transistors.

Regards, Bob Devries
Las Pinas City, Philippines

--
Besides a mathematical inclination, an exceptionally good mastery of one's
native tongue is the most vital asset of a competent programmer.

Edsger W.Dijkstra, 18 June 1975